Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

We are experiencing difficulties with our Managing Agent and

We are experiencing difficulties with our Managing Agent and need a Lawyer to represent us in this matter. The Agent has not been providing statements, does not put rent received in a timely manner and refuses to communicate. As you will understand this is extremely difficult as overseas landlords. Could you provide details of a lawyer in the Wimbledon area who would be prepared to represent us once we transfer a retain and provide all relevant details. The property is 44 Tintern Close, Wimbledon SW191DP. Our previous solicitor Ashley & Rowan has merged with Thompsons who will not represent us as we are not UK Trade Union Members. Our email [email protected] Thank you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

In compiling the below options I have used the Law Society search engine. All lawyers practicing in the UK must be registered with the Law Society and the following a those practicing Landlord & Tenant in or around the Wimbledon area (in practice those solicitors who deal with traditional landlord-tenant issues will also deal with landlord-managing agent issues):-

1. Austin Mckee

2. Gregsons

3. Paton Walsh Laundy(NNN) NNN-NNNN2229

4. Morrisons Solicitors

5. TWM Solicitors

6. Davies Morgante Law LTD

7. Courtyard Solicitors

8. Ashworths

9. WSM Solicitors LLP

10. Hart Brown

I've hyperlinked the above for you, I've had some technical difficulties in the past so please let me know if they are not working.

All of the above practice landlord and tenants and are based in SW19.

See if you can nail them down to a fixed fee for the work prior to instructing and don't be afraid to play them off against each other or let them know you are tendering quotes. Get them competing for your business.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Edited by Thomas on 5/15/2010 at 10:11 AM EST