Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i need a solicitor for a defamation action against a county

i need a solicitor for a defamation action against a county council employee for alleging sexual abuse in an email which has been proven by the ombudsman to be false. I have no funds to take this to court but have the offending email and replies for the council and ombudsman concerning this sio there is defamtion and vicarious liability claims

Thanks for you question.

I'm afraid that any defamation action would have to be privately funded by you, they are very very expensive as well. Legal Aid is not available, so if as stated you do not have fund available then it will be a non-starter.

Sorry it could not be better news. It is a source of frustration for those who would otherwise be litigants in defamation actions.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Acorn - 3