Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi there, Im doing research on product, and was wondering

Hi there, Im doing research on product, and was wondering how much it will or could cost up to, to get distrubution rights on it (after the owner agrees ) and how long the proses can take?
Thanks
J
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Hi J,

Thanks for your question.

It's purely a commercial decision as to cost, it depends entirely on what the owner/producer of the product is willing to negotiate with you and on what terms (geographical area, term, exclusivity) he is willing to grant to you.

After you have agreed and negotiated terms you will have to execute an agreement in writing. A commercial contracts solicitor would be able to draft this for you and after you have given him instructions on the transaction it would not take too long at all to draft. I would have thought you should receive at least a draft copy within a week of instructions.

Note this is separate to any licensing you may require as a result of public policy (eg. to be a distributer of pharmaceuticals for example).

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom