Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Does a business to business contract not signed at the supplying

Does a business to business contract not signed at the supplying companies premises, but at mine have a cooling off period ?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I'm sorry but the only legislation which implies cooling off periods in to contracts is the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. As the name suggest, this applies to consumer contracts and not to business to business contracts as you state this is. No cooling off period is available under the contract by implication and you will have to refer to the express contractual terms of the contract to see if and how to terminate.

Sorry it could not be better news. If this is useful please kindly click accept to that I may be rewarded for my time, it will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Does this also apply to distance selling, i.e under pressure at my office, and not at their office ?

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I'm afraid so - the fact that it is a business to business contract for goods/services override this.

I hope this clarifies, if so please kindly click accept.

Kind regards.

Edited by Thomas on 5/10/2010 at 6:37 PM EST