How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Thomas Your Own Question

Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7038
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

wll pregnant womem with no status no visa and overstay in uk

Resolved Question:

wll pregnant womem with no status no visa and overstay in uk also n procedure of divorce and pregnant. the husband claim isnt his child and filed his non support to the home office for not to continu the process of right to stay. what would happened as also my passeport is not valid no visa .what the outcome of that?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your question. Can you give the following further information please:-

1. Are you here illegally

2. Is your husband here illegaly

3. Why is your passport not valid

4. How long have you been in the UK and how did you obtain entry clearance when you first came here


Kind regards





Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1.yes i am here in uk illegally my husband is legal in this countrie as he is europeen citizen but he is filed divorce about me

3.i couldnt renew my passeport as my visa runout since 2005 and since i ve staying in this coutrie illegaly

4.i ve been in this countrie since 2004 and did enter the uk only on tourist visa

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Right, and what is your specific question - is it what will happen to me if the UK Border Agency find that I am here illegally and is there anything I can do to stay here?


If not, please clarify.


When did your tourist visa expire and did you make a further application to stay being the wife of a UK ctizen?



Kind regards,



Edited by Thomas on 5/7/2010 at 1:01 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when my visa runout i stayed in this coutrie for many years illegally and only 4month ago that i got mirred to a french citizen but he is divorcing me and also he notified the home office of my situation for that they deport me out the uk.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Right. Firstly, you have my sympathies. It's obviously a very difficult situation and you have plainly been unlucky in choosing the man to marry.


Unfortunately, as you presently have no right to stay in the UK because you are here illegally the UKBA will deport you if they are able to trace you.


If you are married to a EEA national you could apply for an EEA resident permit but if your husband will inform them during the application process then the application would not be successful.


In order for a person to obtain indefinite leave to remain after having been here illegally they would have to be able to prove that they have been continuously resident here for 14 years, which obviously you haven't attained.


I'm very sorry it could not be better news.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,



Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7038
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Ben Jones


    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in UK Legal Matters
< Last | Next >
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones


    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in UK Legal Matters
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Jenny Mackenzie's Avatar

    Jenny Mackenzie

    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10 years experience in general legal matters
  • Matthew J's Avatar

    Matthew J


    Satisfied Customers:

    4 y PQE (Partner) - Commercial / Residential Property & Property and Civil litigation experience
  • Stuart J's Avatar

    Stuart J


    Satisfied Customers:

    PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • Alex J.'s Avatar

    Alex J.


    Satisfied Customers: