How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7569
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married for 18 years but our house deeds are only

Resolved Question:

I have been married for 18 years but our house deeds are only in my husbands name how would i stand if he dies without leaving a will
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



Do you have any children?


Kind regards,



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have one son who is nineteen
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.



In that case, the house would form part of his estate and you would receive £250, 000.00 and personal possession, anything over £250,000.00 would be divided in two with one half going directly to your son. You would half a life interest in the other half (ie. the right to receive income) until you die, it would then pass to your son.


If his assets do not exceed £250, 000.00 then all the estate (including the house) would simply pass to you.


If this answers your question please kindly click accept so that I am rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.


Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you