Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I have been contacted by The Property Partnership 288 Bishopsgate,

I have been contacted by The Property Partnership 288 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QP
TO INVEST money into buying greenfield land in Milton Keynes and other places for regeneration for new homes - they give a website of and the web does not come up with this company - is this genuine?
Ray Candelent
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hello Ray.,

Thanks for your question.

I've checked the Companies House online register and they are not registered as a company. On closer inspection on the "contact us" section of their website it appears that they are registered under 0494 0563 under the name Ultraclass Limited. I do not know why they did not tell you about their trading name being different to their company name. They have been incorporated since 2003, you can order their accounts for a small fee, but if you are considering using them then you should ask them to provide you with them; if they are profit-making then they will want to market on the strength of that profit.

Although the address is listed on their website, when I enter the postcode on Royal Mail's address finder it generates a number of companies under that code none of which is the property partnership. This raises a little concern.

When "property partnership" is entered in to google the suggested links include a "property partnership scam". Following the links there is some suggestion that people have been concerned with this in the past.

I personally would be very wary indeed unless they verify their profitability with audited accounts and satisfactorily explain the lack of clarity about the partnership/company status.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up question.

Kind regards,