Rob, Solicitor
Experience:  Policitical Economy BA(hons) Law BA (hons)

I have been told i have to go to an investigation meeting about

I have been told i have to go to an investigation meeting about "missing money" as one of the days money has gone missing is on one day i worked. The issue i have is that the so called Company witness/ note taker is the only person who worked each time the money went missing. This person is the married partner of the manager. The manager is up for a diserplinery for this loss of money. I am not allowed to take my own witness with me. I would like a solicitors point of view of this situation?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.

If the note taker is also implicated you should object to them sitting in your investigatory interview as there is clearly a conflict of interest and point out that if they continue to be present that it would make any actions they take afterwords look unreasonable.