legal eagle 73
legal eagle 73, Solicitor
Experience:  10 year qualifified solicitor
16495303

a lady has received information from her solicitor regarding

a lady has received information from her solicitor regarding the death of her son, she contacted me to say that the information included details of my daughters death which she felt she should not have seen,this included her identity. my daughters case was not placed in the public domain on the Health service Parliamentary Ombudsmans report, in that she was referred to as Miss A. Do you think i should go further with this because I feel there has been a breach of confidentiality in releasing this information to a third party. Thank you. Charles Pearce
Category: UK Law
Expert:  legal eagle 73 replied 6 years ago.

hi there

can you please clarify did the solicitor include details of your daughters death, even though this was not relevant in his letter to the lady regarding her son's death?

thx

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this is what i received and what the lady read.. Kirsty was admitted to the trust in August 2003, she was 17 years old and had suffered from multiple and severe health problems from birth.As she required frequent hospital attendances she had direct access to the children's ward of the hospital. Kirsty sadly died following transfer to the general critical care unit of this hospital on 29 August 2003.it went on to give the lady details of the investigation that followed. the PHSO published a report in june 2008 entitled "Remedy in the NHS summary of recent cases" the lady was given information regarding the PHSO'S investigation. i believe there was a lack of privacy in this situation and also that the lady's solicitor should never divulge information regarding my daughters death.In the PHSO'S REPORT MY DAUGHTER WAS ONLY REFERRED TO AS mISS a. Hpe this helps.

hi there

you can make a complaint to the solicitors firm and to the Law Society for breach of confidentiality. They will then investigate the claim on your behalf.

if you believe i have answered your Q, please click on the green accept button

thx