Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

since january 2009 i have been off work sick and i have missed

since january 2009 i have been off work sick and i have missed 2 or 3 payments on my car fiance it should finish in march but i am getting prussed by the fiance company put another £100 pound intrest on can this be legal what can i do without them taking my car
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

The contract under which the car was purchased will state when interest becomes payable and how this is calculated. It is very common if you miss payments for interest to be charged on the amount of the missed payment until you settle the outstanding sum.

If you are concerned about th amount you think they have charged too much then ask for a detailed calculation of how this interest was accrued to be sent to you and compare that to how interest is stated to be calculated in your contract. You will only have to pay interest at the contract rate.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my efforts. It wil be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow-up questions.

Kind regards,