Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I need a guarantor for a loan and dont know anyone suitable.

I need a guarantor for a loan and don't know anyone suitable. Can you advise me on anyone who would be able to provide this service? I am of course willing to pay once the loan is completed successfully.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hello Rase 7671,

As I am sure you are aware guarantors are responsible to repay the whole amount of the loan if the person taking out the loan defaults (ie. not keep up the payments). This is usually some personal to you who knows you are a trustworthy individual (rather than just what can be found out by a credit search).

I am not aware of any professional firms offering a guarantor service. The difficulty is that were there firms willing to act as guarantor then they too would likely want a guarantor or indemnity to cover them, so it's a catch-22 situation.

Unless you can find an individual willing to be guarantor then you might have to consider trying to get a non-guarantor loan.

Kind regards,