Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I have recently discovered that I might of been missold, payment

I have recently discovered that I might of been missold, payment protection insurance by my bank, and i am not sure how to go about reclaiming it. Should I seek out a lawyer to help and if so would it be expensive?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 7 years ago.

Hello Jacbenney,

You should go and see a solicitor, they will at least be able to tell you if you have a claim. Ask them initially to see you on a fixed fee basis (unless of course they offer a no-charge initial meeting. If they consider that you have a reasonable prospect of success then they will most likely work for you on a contingency fee basis (ie no money up front but they would get a percentage of any amount you receive).

You should use the following site to find a solicitor:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

Put in your post code and then select the area of law (consider using either consumer law or financial or investment services) and it will produce a list of practices near you. Alternatively you can call the Law Society on 020 72 42 1222, or search google under "financial misselling [INSERT YOUR COUNTY]".

Sorry if the above seems a little obvious.

I hope this helps, if so please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my efforts. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask followup questions.

Kind regards,

Tom