Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Dear Sir or Madam, I am writing to you with regards to

Customer Question

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you with regards XXXXX XXXXX hand delivered letter I received today at a property I am working on dated the 12th January 2010. Stating that a Mr Phillip Roberts, Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd has a judgement to remove goods etc and that I had to reply to him within 48 hours.

I previously received a letter from Mr Phillip Roberts on the 16th October 2009 stating that he had attended my property to remove goods.

The letter states that a Mr Philip Roberts of Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd had attended my property to remove goods to the value of £6,317.20 with reference to a county court case between a Mr Stephen XXXXX XXXXX and myself D**** J**** t/a D**** J***** C******.

I responded to the previous letter by applying for the judgement to be set aside/stay of execution as I had been repaying the debt and I carried on making my monthly re-payments to the new debt collection agency “Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd”.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 years ago.
Have you applied to the court for the judgment to be set aside
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Mr Fortune,

I have written to the Croydon County Court for a stay of execution, but have not received a response. I have since found at that a stay of execution costs £75.00 ( which I did not add to the letter a stay of execution letter).

I have attached below the actual letter I was intending to post, but unfortunately there was not enough room.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you with regards XXXXX XXXXX hand delivered letter I received today at a property I am working on dated the 12th January 2010. Stating that a Mr Phillip Roberts Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd has a judgement to remove goods etc and that I had to reply to him within 48 hours.

I responded to the previous letter by applying for the judgement to be set aside/stay of execution as I had been repaying the debt and I carried on making my monthly re-payments to the new debt collection agency "Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd". But, as yet, have not received any response, until the letter received today.

The case in question was held at Rhyl County Court (North Wales) on the 17th July 2007 (case no. ********), where by Mr XXXXX XXXXX was awarded a full re-fund of his costs (£4,835.00) for building work at his home.

My company were enlisted to build a small porch on the front of Mr Wilson's home. My company brought in a sub-contractor to complete the works as we were not qualified, unfortunately the company we en-listed, Fairhurst Developments Ltd, made errors during the build and mistakes were made, allowing damp into the extension.

Since the case, Mr XXXXX XXXXX en-listed LCS Civil Enforcement/Levi Black & Associates,XXXXX Leeds, LS11 5JJ to collect the debt. An agreement between LCS and myself was set in place on the 31st August 2007 to make monthly payments. Up until today's date, I have paid £1,850.00, with a current outstanding balance of £2,985.00.

Up until Friday 16th October 2009, I was still paying LCS Recovery and had no idea that any alternate arrangements had been made by Mr XXXXX XXXXX to re-claim the debt.

Please can you advise me on my best next course of action?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Dylan Jones

Hiya,

The key is to lodge both your appeal and your stay application. I think the letter above is very good and you should fax this to them - but the real key to stopping this happen is to chase the court and get that matter sorted - hence the stay of execution. If you are struggling with the fee you can apply to the court for an exemption.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/EX160_web_0709.pdf

I hope that this helps Unless I have just asked for information please press the green ACCEPT button as I then get credit for my time, but will be happy to continue this dialogue
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience: Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Mr Fortune,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

So you would advise that I fill out the appropriate forms for which you have sent over the website link by fax and post to the High Court of Justice, Queens Bench Division, Croydon?

Would you advise that I contact the bailiff in question (Sheriffs High Court Enforcement Ltd)?

Thank you again for your assistance and if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Dylan Jones

Hiya,

Yes I would get the forms and your application sorted as soon as possible

Best of luck

I hope that this helps

Please press the green ACCEPT button as I then get credit for my time, but will be happy to continue this dialogue