Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Thank you for your reply. We have not got a contract at the

Thank you for your reply. We have not got a contract at the moment we have been employed for 6 months and still not been given a contract it is being worked on. Where do we stand?As we have not got a contract to see what it says so don't know what we have to do?

Hello Customer

A contract of employment does not need to be in writing. It can be in writing, oral or a mixture of both.

However, your employer must provide you with a written statement of the terms of your employment within two months of your employment commencing. This will provide you with details on the most important terms of your employment (see section 1):

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1996/ukpga_19960018_en_2

If you have not received the statement you should request it from your employer and make them aware that if you do not receive it within the correct time they will be breaching their obligations under the Employment Rights Act 1996.

This will provide you with the major terms until your formal written contract is received.

If this useful please kindly click "accept" so that I can be paid for my effort.

Kind regards,

Tom