Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

If I had a european arrest warrant would it show at the local

If I had a european arrest warrant would it show at the local police stations in England?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

If the arrest warrant was issued within the European Union, then Europol (the police arm of the EU) would notify each EU member state's police force of the arrest warrant.

The local police stations in England would therefore have a record of the arrest warrant. In the event that you come in to contact with the police who then check their records and then arrest you you will most likely be deported and handed over to the German authorities. A difficult position I'm afraid.

Since the formation of the EU, the members states have co-operated much more than before on criminal issues such as this.

I hope this has proved useful, if so please kindly click "accept". If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have had a german attorney check to see if any warrants were issued in Munich where the alleged crime occured and he said that there was and is no pending litigation. So if there was a EAW out for me surely this would show in Munchen at the local police? You think?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

It would certainly show at the local Munchen police station, barring an unlikely administrative oversight which resulted in it not being listed in the police's records.

Having a records of "no pending litigation" is most likely a product of there being no arrest and therefore no litigation pending or, indeed, in process.

I hope this clears things up for you, if so please kindly click "accept".

Good luck.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He said there was no warrants or pending litigation. Thanks so much!!