F E Smith
F E Smith, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years in General Practice
18203470

im going into the police station today to do a voluntary interview

im going into the police station today to do a voluntary interview to confess to a drug charge that my friend has been blamed for.I basically put a small amount of cannibis (a joints worth) in my friends bag without her knowing, i did this so i could get the weed out from her bag after we had gotten past security at a local pub. Alot of people where putting things in her bag that night so thought i could slip it in and take it out with no-one being any the wiser . However i was pretty drunk and forgot about it, I then left my friend to go somewhere else and forgot to take the weed out. The next morning she went to drop her friend to the airport but had a small accident, and was subsquently arrested for drink driving, she thought she was ok to drive but obviously was still over the limit in the morning. Police went through her bag and found the weed and charged her with possesion. What are the chances that the charges will be dropped against her if i own up and confess tonight?

Good afternoon

While I can give no guarantees, I would expect the police to pay great heed to what you have to say. It will depend, to a great extent, on how much detail you can give and exactly how truthful your explanation appears to be and they will also pay heed to the past convictions of both of you for drug offences.

Theer are not many people who would do this for a friend and not only does should she be given the benefit of any doubt which exists, but you should be treated as leniently as possible for youre very commendable actions in shouldering the responsibility. I wish you luck.

I hope that this answers your question. If so, I would ask you, please to click 'Accept' so that I can be paid. If you require clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes.

F E

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
None of us have any past convictions, I got a fine for being drunk and disordely once but thats it. Also in the interview my friend told them she had no idea how the weed got in there.

However, they did not beleive her at the time and where pretty harsh on her, also she works in a field where the charge would mean her losing her job. I really dont want them to think im covering for her as thats not the case, i feel extremely guilty for what i have done.

bearing that in mind, what you think my chances are?

Hello again

As your friend has always denied knowledge of the drugs and given her clean record I would expect there to be a good chance of you being believed.

Yours

F E

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you for the advice and have a good evening.

You're welcome and I thank you.

Yours

F E