Chris_H, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with 10 years experience in Commercial, Property and Consumer Legal Isssues

I am being TUPEd across to a new employer a) How long do

Customer Question

I am being TUPE'd across to a new employer

a) How long do my current employment conditions get TUPE'd across for

b) the tupe pack states different conditions than I had with outgoing employer.

c) can I be sacked for refusing to sign TUPE pack until the conditions are corrected bearing in mind that I have had no consultation and the TUPE pack was not given to me until after the TUPE start date
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Chris_H replied 7 years ago.
What is in the 'TUPE pack'?

TUPE just provides that all your terms are transferred across as is. You don't need to sign anything for this to happen.

No employer can ever unilaterally change your contract terms without your agreement. However, where a change to terms is 'necessary' for one of a range of reasons, including business reasons around economics, then they can fairly dismiss you for refusing to agree to changes. So there is no time limit. If the new employer needs to change your terms immediately, then the above applies. The onus will be on them to prove the changes are necessary though.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I asked the question in the hope off having an answer before i had a meeting regarding this matter so the reply has come in too late.

thanks anyway
Expert:  Chris_H replied 7 years ago.