INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

how can i write a letter to the home office to return my passport

how can i write a letter to the home office to return my passport for argent fly out?

Thanks for your question.

There is nothing stopping you from requesting the return of your passposrt from the Home Office, however, if you do this, it will delay your applciation and may even adversely affect it.

If there is no alternative but for you to leave the UK, a simple letter requesting the return of your passposrt and providing a reason will be more than adequate.

I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to disucss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello,i have submitted my passport with my wife`s Applicaiton for her indefinate leave to remain visa, in uk. and it has been since15 07 09 with the Home office and my passport is a British passport,so there for as for iam concern they do not need my passport to keep for that long,and i only send it to them to proof that i am still married to my wife, so they should be satisfied.

Now i need a profession letter to write to them that please return my passport as my mum got admitted to the hospital.

so please can you write a full letter to the Home office, for me and email it on my email address, so i then can put all the necessay address,my address and their ref number.
Many thanks

I can draft a letter for you. You can try something like the following:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Applicatoin for Indefinite Leave to Remain for [NAME OF WIFE] - [COUNTRY] National - D.O.B: XX.XX.XXXX

With reference to the above, I submitted my Passport in support of the application for my wife.

Due to unforseen circumstances, I have to travel outside of the UK and require the return of my passport.

I would be obliged if you could return my passport to me as a matter of urgency as I now need to travel outside of the UK for personal reasons.

I confirm that the marriage between my Wife and I is still subsisting and that the request for the return of my passport is in no way meant to be a withdrawal of the application.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hello,, thats sound ok, with me.

Her name isXXXXX from afghanistan and her date of birth is 25 08 1980.. i think this sould be ok,,,, so iam not sure wither you going to send me another draft, or shall i stick to this one.?Many thanks

If you insert the appropriate details into the draft above, you can then copy and paste it into a word document.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,