Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience

can you sue someone for entrapment

Customer Question

can you sue someone for entrapment?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.

could you explain a litle more about your question please

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
a girl who i was seeing for about 4 weeks told me she was pregnant when split up with her because she is a possesive and jealous person, she does not want me to be with anyone else apart from her! she is demanding money from me to pay for a abortion even though she can get a free abortion through the NHS! she says she will have the abortion if i stay with her or she will keep the baby if i leave her! i have been to the police and have got an harrasment out on her because she does not leave me alone!! i feel as though she trapped me with this pregnancy because she told me she doesnt want anymore kids as she already has 1 and i told her i dont want any plus she told me she was on the pill, would u call that entrapment and can i get her done for that?
Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.

i am afraid that however unfair it is it does not count as entrapment - of course it is possible that she isnt pregnant at all but if she is I am afraid that there is nothing that you can do about it