A. Stewart
A. Stewart, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister
11835546

what exactly constitutes cohabiting e.g.how many nights can

what exactly constitutes cohabiting e.g.how many nights can we spend together.the risk is losing a police widows pension.
What state, country or providence are you in?

Is this part of a divorce settlement? If so what state issued the divorce, thanks.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is also limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
not part of divorce proseedings
Please what state, country or providence?

What are the terms of the pension?

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am in u.k
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX accidently came into out US legal categories, so I need to have our moderator in charge move it to our UK legal section for proper handling. You will be notified when your question is answered so no need to sit and wait.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
pension terms state she is not allowed to remarry or cohabit.this is why we want to know what cohabiting is exactly
Hi

You are in the UK Law section.

There is no specific legal definition of cohabitation nor the number of nights required to be spent together for the relationship to be classified as cohabitation. It generally means to live together as a couple in a relationship akin to marriage. It would be at the court's discretion to decide whether she is co-habiting or not after looking at all the details. However, four nights a week would certainly count as cohabiting. Anything less than that would be at the discretion of the court.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
A. Stewart, Barrister
Experience: Barrister