PTS Law Ltd
PTS Law Ltd, Personal Injury Consultants
Experience:  APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) 1st Tier Expert

What do the csa take into account when working out payment

What do the csa take into account when working out payment amounts? Do they or should they take into account mortgage and secure loans? Also my son who is based in scotland and was registered as attaending college, hasn't attended since Christmas, however, the csa are stating that as his mother states that he is still going (the csa won't check) and because she hasn't cancelled his child benefit (she wouldn't) then as far as they are concerned they believe her! Also, is not reporting the fact that after 2 months of non attendance (surely counts as no longer in full time education) basically benefit fraud?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  PTS Law Ltd replied 7 years ago.

How old is your Son and what evidence have you that he is no longer attending college?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Mike

My son is 17 years old, 18 in May and his mother has informed my brother personally. Unfortunately, I have tried to discuss it with the college but as he is over 16 and under scottish law classified as an adult they can't tell me due to data protection....

The CSA is undoubtedl the most autonymous of all the Government agencies. Their arrogance is almost incredible. Unfortunately, they were given too much power and we know what that does.

The worst single aspect of their method of arriving at a figure is that they take no cognisance of a father's liabilities - only his income.

If you go to the following link, you will see how that calculation is made:-

It would be well worth your while employing the services of a Private Detective Agency to report upon your sons movements for an hour or two each day for a few days.

In the meantime, you should lodge an immediate Notice of Appeal against the CSA's decision. The appropriate form can be downloaded at:-

I wish you luck.

I believe that this answers your question and would ask you, please to click 'Accept' so that I can be paid. Acceptance will not close the session and if there is any point which requires clarification I will be happy to deal with it. We can still continue our dialogue.

Best wishes.