Steven Haylesbury
Steven Haylesbury, LLM (master of laws)
Experience:  LLB (hons) LLM (master of laws)

I am a tenant.My boiler has broken two weeks ago;I have had

I am a tenant.My boiler has broken two weeks ago;I have had no hot water or central heating since then,although I do have agas fire.The landlord's letting agents who are responsible for these matters are fobbing me off and giving me the run-around.What action can I take?
Hi do you have a public or private landlord?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not absolutely sure what you mean,but it is a shorthold tenancy agreement for my single flat.It is not a council-flat,nor is it run by any other institution other than my landlord
I think the best idea is to write to the managing agents and deliver the letter by recorded delivery stating that if you do not hear from them within one week then you will pursue a claim for breach of the 1985 landlord and tenant act (among other provisions S11).

If they still do not procede then you can start the claim online via:

You can check out the whole Act online via this website:

This is really easy to navigate though as I say S 11 is a great place to start an is all you really need, though your landlords sound awful so there are probably other breaches!