Samuel Hunton
Samuel Hunton, Immigration and Criminal Defence
Experience:  Studied Law, Ex-Metropolitan Police Officer
12553230

i am south-african applying for uk passport...Want to know

i am south-african applying for uk passport...Want to know if my son is born can i apply through him?Been in uk for 6 years.First on visa then got married with eu citizen and got divorced...Now the only hope to stay is through my son dont want to get married with partner but my son would be everything for me to stay in uk.
The problem is, your son would take your nationality, not British, therefore, you would have to show it would cause extreme hardship should you both be deported to SA. I can't see it affecting your son in anyway, therefore you would have to apply for ILR as you have been in the country for over 5 years.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The mother is British.Is there any other way appart from ILR?
Sorry, I read it differently, yes you could apply through your son, look on the UKBA and Home Office websites, however it is alot harder than it is to take the nationality of a parent. Also, you could argue it would cause extreme hardship to your son, providing he is staying with the mother and yourself.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So what do i need to look for on the actual website.What phrase or words do i type in for information.
You have been great help so far and I really appreciate it.