QC
QC, Solicitor
Experience:  8 yrs pqe, TEP, CPD Trainer in Inheritance Tax Planning
11081860

can you over turn a residence order grandparent has residence

can you over turn a residence order grandparent has residence order mother wants child back!
Category: UK Law
Expert:  QC replied 8 years ago.

Dear XXXXXe

It is not clear whether you are the mother or grandmother! However, I advise you get advice from a specialist family lawyer. There should be no reason why a residence order cannot be overturned especially if you can prove that it is in the best interests of the child for the order to be reversed/changed.

Sincerely

QC

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am maternal grandmother my daughter was malipulated in agreeing to residence order to paternal grandmother,father of child is not named on birth certificate and has no parental responsabilities to child my daughter is a young mum only just turned 18 her chil is 2 years old .my daughter has now moved back home with me and desperatly whats daughter back my home is the only home my granddaughter knows and screams when she has to leave it is very upseting but what can we do to stop her from this emotioal upset?
Expert:  QC replied 8 years ago.

Dear XXXXXe

I am sorry to hear about this. I can only repeat my advice namely that you really ought to get specialist advice from a family lawyer. From what you say there are good reasons why the residency order could be changed.

Sincerely

QC