How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11802
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiancé is a Philippine citizen living as a permanent

Customer Question

Hi ,My fiancé is a Philippine citizen living as a permanent resident in Canada. She will be eligible to become a Canadian citizen if she stays a further year.I would like her to come to the UK to marry me and eventually earn the right to stay permanently.The alternative Visa routes for her as I understand it are:1. She Applies for a Marriage Visa (Cost £87) for 6 months stay in U.K.& gets married.
Returns to Canada.
Applies for family of settled person Visa.(Immediately?) Cost £1464
Returns to U.K. - for 33 months?
Is able to work? Extends Visa (£993) for 2 years 6 months.
Applies to settle permanently in U.K.after 5 years.2. Applies directly for family of settled visa as fiancé - cost £1464. Is unable to work.
Stays for 6 months & gets married.
Applies for extension whilst in U.K. Cost £993 - Applies to settle permanently in U.K after 5 years.Please :A. Advise If these Visa options are correct and answer the queries - also advise if there are any better Visa routes.B.The Marriage Visa route seems more cost effective.
Is it more risky as you leave the U.K.after marriage and reapply to return?C. Do you get your fee returned for a specific Visa if it is refused?Thanks
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 4 days ago.


Do you still require a response to this question?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
HiPlease send your answer.
Expert:  INC replied 2 day ago.


In response to your questions:

A. Yes your understanding of the visa options is correct. However the marriage visa is for people who wish to marry in the UK and then return to their home country to live.

The two options suitable for you are fiancee and spouse visas.

B. It can be more risky. A better option would be to apply for a fiancee visa and then marry during the first 6 months of the visa or alternatively, marry and then apply for a spouse visa.

C. There are no refunds for failed applications.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions