INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My fiancé is a Philippine citizen living as a permanent

Customer Question

Hi ,My fiancé is a Philippine citizen living as a permanent resident in Canada. She will be eligible to become a Canadian citizen if she stays a further year.I would like her to come to the UK to marry me and eventually earn the right to stay permanently.The alternative Visa routes for her as I understand it are:1. She Applies for a Marriage Visa (Cost £87) for 6 months stay in U.K.& gets married.
Returns to Canada.
Applies for family of settled person Visa.(Immediately?) Cost £1464
Returns to U.K. - for 33 months?
Is able to work? Extends Visa (£993) for 2 years 6 months.
Applies to settle permanently in U.K.after 5 years.2. Applies directly for family of settled visa as fiancé - cost £1464. Is unable to work.
Stays for 6 months & gets married.
Applies for extension whilst in U.K. Cost £993 - Applies to settle permanently in U.K after 5 years.Please :A. Advise If these Visa options are correct and answer the queries - also advise if there are any better Visa routes.B.The Marriage Visa route seems more cost effective.
Is it more risky as you leave the U.K.after marriage and reapply to return?C. Do you get your fee returned for a specific Visa if it is refused?Thanks
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 4 days ago.

Do you still require a response to this question?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
please
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
HiPlease send your answer.
Expert:  INC replied 2 day ago.

In response to your questions:

A. Yes your understanding of the visa options is correct. However the marriage visa is for people who wish to marry in the UK and then return to their home country to live.

The two options suitable for you are fiancee and spouse visas.

B. It can be more risky. A better option would be to apply for a fiancee visa and then marry during the first 6 months of the visa or alternatively, marry and then apply for a spouse visa.

C. There are no refunds for failed applications.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards