Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am a English living in England My boyfriend is Chinese

Customer Question

I am a English living in England My boyfriend is Chinese living in China. we want very much to get married (same sex marriage) my boyfriend can not apply for a marriage visa from China for us to get married in the UK as they do not recognise or approve of gay marriage. we have been advised to get married in another country. then once married apply for a family visa. can you advise what country would be best for us to get married...we want the marriage to be recognized by the uk. we would like to get married using visit visas if possible
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: what is USCIS?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: DONT THINK SO
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. Looks like your question ended up in the U.S. immigration law forum. I will opt out and transfer it to the UK immigration law forum. No need to respond now as it could delay the transfer. Thank you for your patience.