Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I've got limited leave to remain in the uk because im the

Customer Question

Hi I've got limited leave to remain in the uk because im the parent of a British child.I'm pregnant but my boyfriend has no leave to remain can he apply for leave to remain through the child please.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I leave in the uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Hi

How long have you lived together in the same accommodation with your boyfriend please?

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

It’s going to be difficult for your partner. This is because you only have leave to remain on the basis that the father of your child has access rights to your UK child.

When your second child is born to your partner, that child will not initially have leave to remain. You will have to apply for leave to remain for this child.

Once the child has leave to remain then your partner must attempt to apply on a discretionary basis arguing that he should be allowed to have limited to leave to remain in the UK on the basis of your new child being in the UK and his relationship to you.

It’s a very specialised and complicated application. You will definitely need a solicitor practising immigration law to act on your child’s behalf and as on behalf of your partner when the time comes.

Provided that your child remains in the UK and your partner is the father of the child it’s going to be practically very difficult for the home office to deport your partner but this does not mean that getting him leave to remain will be simply.

You need to instruct a solicitor as soon as possible so that you can submit applications once the child is born,.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Kind regards,

Tom