Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

We are studying on Tier1 Entrepreneurs visa with capital of

Customer Question

Hi. we are studying on Tier1 Entrepreneurs visa with capital of 200k and would like to know in order to be eligible can we purchase a franchise?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no. just want to start. we never applied for UK and living out of UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet. just read the guidelines and we are investigating on franchise business.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: in case franchising is permitted, will the fee be inclusive on the 200 K investment amount or exclusive?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question.

Yes, investment in a franchise is permitted to form the basis of the investment for the purpose of a Tier 1 entreprenuersc visa.

If you refer to page 73 at A27 on the following guidance you will see that this is confirmed:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/513958/T1__E__Guidance_04_2016.pdf

You should be able to argue that the franchise fee is included as part of the £200, 000.00 investment in your business plan.

Please remember to leave feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom