Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I have been married in a civil partnership for 8 years. I am

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have been married in a civil partnership for 8 years . I am an American . My wife is from the UK . I was given limited leave to remain their in the UK with her , I had to come back to the USA to take care of some family things .. And have been here for over 4 years . I applied for a new visa to return to her and it was Unsuccessful . I don't know what Visa to apply for . I just got the news from UKVisa today . .
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: my Application for a new UK visa was said to be unsuccessful . I don't know what to do ..
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no .. I suppose I need guidance on what type of visa I should have applied for ..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know , I cant afford a lawyer
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 days ago.

Is your wife employed in the UK at salary above £18600 per annum and had she received this for 6 months or more?