How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1965
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and my kids are all EU citizen, except me. We are

Customer Question

My husband and my kids are all EU citizen, except me. We are now residing in Asia. We would like to move my kids to UK for education. I would like to see whether i can stay with them in UK to provide parental care given they are just 10 and 8 only while my husband stays in Asia for working (that mean he does not go with us to UK). I tried to apply EEA permit as primary carer but rejected by Home Office on the ground that (1) my kids are not currently residing in UK and (2) my husband who is an exempted controlled person has share responsibility on my kids. Therefore i am not satisfied as primary carer for kids.I want to seek the 2nd opinions. I have consulted 3 fee-charged immigration solicitors/specialists before but i got different answer. One say i cant to apply primary carer unless my relationship with my husband is totally breakdown but another insist yes i should apply EEA permit as primary carer although i let him/her know i was rejected as primary carer by Home Office. Also, one say i can come by applying EEA family permit which is sponsor by my husband and i can apply resident card provided that my husband is qualified self-sufficient persons. Another say i have no way to come in the absence of my husband. I am looking for some advices that can really show me the way out on this given my kids are still having the free movement right in UK.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 13 days ago.

What are your husband's circumstances at the moment

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, Thomas,
He is residing with us in asia. He will stay in asia for working.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He needs to work in asia to support our lives .
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 13 days ago.

Where are you from originally?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
from hong kong.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Hi,
Any advices on my status?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 9 days ago.

Sorry I have been looking into the options for you. Last question where was your husband born?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I mean portugual passport holder and born in macau
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Thomas,
Any progress on my case?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi Thomas,
Any advice on my case?

Related UK Immigration Law Questions