Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Can i apply for tier 1 entrepreneur visa on my wife's name

Customer Question

can i apply for tier 1 entrepreneur visa on my wife's name as applicant... So i can allow myself to have a full time job??
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am planning to apply for 200k category...is operating a franchise approved
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

If either you are your wife meet the criteria then you can apply for an tier 1 visa. Family members can come with the visa holder. A ‘dependant’ is any of the following:

• your partner
  • your child under 18
  • your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as a dependant

From 1 September, adult family members must provide a criminal record certificate from any country they have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years. I hope this helps and please rate positive so that I can help further.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you