Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I am due to return home for visa renewal. I stumbled on a

Customer Question

I am due to return home for visa renewal. I stumbled on a letter of fines,notices and collection. I later found out it was a letter from the court which has expected me to respond guity or not guilty. Someone had impersonated me and registered my name on a car. I went to the solicitor who said I need to do a statutory declaration. Do you think this can help my visa to be granted?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 months ago.

Do you have proof that they impersonated you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's the person we stay together. And he's ready to take the blame for it. I will like to know the process the declaration could take please!!

I see. A statutory document is a court document. A number of sites provide precedent documents. I attach herewith one for change of name (but the form is the same).

You can basically however write your own on an A4 piece of paper making it as a statutory declaration.

It is a legal requirement that statutory declarations made contain the wording below. If a statutory declaration is received where this wording is not included, it will not be acceptable:

“I (name) do solemnly and sincerely ***** ***** follows.. .. .. .. and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.”

Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Can you please rate POSITIVE for the answers which I have provided. Happy to assist further. Thanks