Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I am a 64 year old Jamaican living in the uk since I was 14

Customer Question

hi Thomas I am a 64 year old Jamaican living in the uk since I was 14 or 15 not sure when my father sent for me to join him my parents were born in Jamaica I only have a replacement Jamaican passport with no stamps on never used it was never registered at the home office my parents were given citizenship but since died I have applied a subject access request and was told there no data of me on their systems I am trying to get citizenship but cant get any further because of my status any help to move further would be greatfull
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: i have spoken to the home office and they said to fill in form ns confirmation of british nationality status but reading the guide it looks like you have to have some decendant who was born in the uk and was a uk citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet was trying all the route on the gov web site have taken the life in the uk test and then hit a brick wall
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was born in 1952 in Jamaica and came to Britain in 1967 i believe i my original passpord got lost so was replaced i have no leave to remain was married to a british woman and adopted her son been working all of my life have 3 children born in the uk
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 3 months ago.

Hi
Thanks for your question .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. Where/when were you born
2. Did your parents register you as a UK citizen (even though you didn’t get your passport)
3. What happened to the old Jamaican passport? Do you have their passports?
4. If so, does it say that you have an indefinite leave to remain in the UK
5. If not, what does it say
Kind regards.

I see. But the fact is that you have been in the UK for almost 50 years and are married to a British lady.

Have you spoken with the HO?