Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience

Dear All, I have a simple police caution in last June 2016.

Customer Question

Dear All,
I have a simple police caution in last June 2016. I am about to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain ithis october am refugee in the UK , my question is will this police caution affect my applocation? I need Urgent answer pls pls.
Thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 months ago.

1. Dear Mohammed, your police caution will not be decisive in your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain. This is because a caution is not considered to be the commission of a criminal conviction. In law a caution does not amount to a criminal conviction. So, whilst it will be looked at, it will not be determinative of your application for ILR. You would need to have been sentenced to some time in prison for you to be automatically refused ILR on the basis of a criminal conviction. Instead, the Home Office will look at your application in the light of the other facts in your application.

You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you think this simple police caution will no really have effects on my ILR application at all? Can you tell me more please ? Because police did not send me to prison or court nor made me do community work it was just a caution.