Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My husband and I are planning to apply standard visitor

Customer Question

My husband and I are planning to apply for UK standard visitor visa(tourist).I am unemployed(a housewife) and fully supported by my husband. I am not sure how to answer some of the following questions in visa application.What is the ownership status of your home? Do I say “I rent it” or “i live with my family” since my husband pays the rent. Rent lease agreement is in both our names.I have a joint savings account with my husband. For question “Do you have another income or any savings ”, do I answer “no”(since I don't work) or say “yes” because I have joint savings account with husband.How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
Since my entire trip is paid for by husband, I would be spending $0, but in application it won't let me put $0, what amount do I write? My portion of air ticket, food and tourist attraction cost? Do I need to include hotel cost too? But that amount is already covered in husbands application. Or do I write entire cost for our trip and make a note in comment section saying that, the amount I mentioned is for both of us?
My confusion is, will I get in trouble if write a too low amount (i.e. $1). If I write entire cost of trip, for example say $5000, its like we are mentioning the cost twice,once in my husband's application and again in my application. Will it look like too high amount to spend.
How much money do you spend each month?
I am fully supported by my husband. So essentially answer is $0. But in application it wont let me put $0, what amount do I write? In my husbands application,he has mentioned our entire household spending for the month. Do I repeat the same amount and make a note in comment section that the amount is entire household expenditure. Or write some other amount?Who is paying towards the cost of your visit? --I am going to write husband.
How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
Why are they helping to pay for your visit? – I am traveling with . His GWF #: XXXX, Passport #: XXXX. Mention that he is providing letter to support that he will cover all my expenses for the trip. Also mention that, I will provided statements of our joint bank account. ----Is this answer ok?Travel history: How many times have you been to U.K, canada, usa,australia,schengen,New zeland in past 10years?-- we have been to some of the above countries, but not in past 10 years. Would it help to mention it in comment section?In comment section: I am going to write-- “husbands GWF application #:XXX and passport #:XXX. Mention that he is providing letter to support that he will cover all my expenses for the trip. Also mention that, I will provided statements of our joint bank account.” Is there anything else i need to mention.we will provide employers letter, pay slips, leave approval,support letter by husband, marriage cretificate, bank statement.Does the bank account need to show a healthy amount enough to cover trip expense and some more money left over. Would bank a/c having double or triple the amount of money needed for the trip cause any problem
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is the average reference amount set by U.K for daily subsistence for a tourist if staying in London hotel?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

The figure is between about £200 to £300 per day. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards

Hi

I hope that this answer was of assistance, so please now take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars). This is extremely important in this process. I can continue and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you