Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My wife and I have been married 6 years have 4 kids and she

Customer Question

hi my wife and I have been married 6 years have 4 kids and she has been here since 1999. She was today rejected her 2nd spouse visa due to it being invalid as we didn't pay a £500 fee we didn't know about. On the letter it says they wont do anything for the first 7 days so she thinks she can reapply again but I am concerned that on the letter it also says will probably will be rejected if its more than 28 days past her visa expiry which it now is (not when first applied) does this count as the same application and an they deport her as I feel this breaches mine and her human right to a family life
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm a uk resisdent lived here my whole life don't understand next question sorry what is the USCIS?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  GSenmartin replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Are you asking about getting a spouse visa to come to the U.S. or one for the UK?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
one for the UK

Ok. I will opt out and hopefully a UK immigration expert will be with you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.