How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11701
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to apply residence permit, however I 't have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I would like to apply for permanent residence permit, however I don't have wrs certificate. I'm polish. I have been working in this country for 10 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Since 2011 polish nationals don't have to register do work.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.


Can you prove that you have been residing in he UK an exercising treaty rights for the last 5 years?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can. I have been working here for over 10 years, however only the last 5 years I don't have to register with Home Office. I should have been registered with Workers Register Scheme until the end of April 2011. But I wasn't. That scheme haa been abolished since 2011 and now I don't have any restrictions to work in uk.
Many thanks
Expert:  INC replied 8 months ago.


You will still be eligible to apply f9r permanent residence provided you have been here for the last 5 years and can evidence it.

The early WRS was abolished f9r Polish nationals in 2011, it is now 2016 and that is 5 years you have been in the UK.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions