Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

My wife has been granted limited leave to remain bye as we

Customer Question

My wife has been granted limited leave to remain bye as we have two children under five Hmrc have stopped our child benefit even though I have indefinite leave to remain is this right I thought was universal for every child
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: We we're claiming before and since it was stopped Hmrc have asked us to repay all tha money back since 2010 totalling £6000
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Are you still there
JA: No. I'm the Immigration Lawyer's Assistant.
Customer: Will you be able to give me some guidance
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Where you have ILR then you are entitled to child benefits for the children. The child must also be present and resident here. You will need to provide proof to them that you have ILR. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 3 months ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you