Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I HAVE A BRITISH PASSPORT THROUGH MY FATHER. I HAVE NEVER

Customer Question

I HAVE A BRITISH PASSPORT THROUGH MY FATHER. I HAVE NEVER LIVED IN THE UK. I AM NOW A WIDOW AGED 56YRS. WOULD I BE ABLE TO IMMIGRATE TO THE UK FROM SA. IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT? I DO HAVE A SON LIVING IN THE UK WHO IS A BRITISH CITIZEN
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: I DON'T THINK SO. AT THIS STAGE I AM CONSIDERING MY OPTIONS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

If you hold a full UK passport as a result of your father’s holding UK citizenship otherwise than by descent (so that his citizenship was permitted to pass to you) and your passport is still valid (ie not expired) then you have the same rights of enter to the UK as any other UK citizen.

This means that that you can enter the UK when you like and may remain in the as long as you like.

You would be free to work in the UK aswell, just by showing your passport. Obviously, you would not qualify for a state pension because in order for a person to do so they must have 30 qualifying years in order to obtain one.

As far as entry is concerned though you will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave feedback.

Kind regards,

Tom