INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have a friend who is a Nigerian National and she has a

Customer Question

I have a friend who is a Nigerian National and she has a child with another Nigeria National in 2013.The man has Indefinite leave to remain which enabled the child to have British Passport at Birth.The mum applied as a primary carer for the child in 2013 following the 5years route. She was give 2years and 6months leave to remain.She has since ended her relationship with her baby father and she applied to renew her visa in February as a primary carer for her daughter only for the home office to request the passport of the baby father. She has tried to ask him for the passport to support her application but because they are no longer together he refused to give her.The home office has given her till June 9th 2016 to present the original passport or give a viable reason she wasnt able to submit it. I would like to ask what my friend should do since she has only 1week to reply to the home office. Please its urgent
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry i don't follow your response to my question Jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

What is your question about this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a friend who is a Nigerian National and she has a child with another Nigeria National in 2013.The man has Indefinite leave to remain which enabled the child to have British Passport at Birth.The mum applied as a primary carer for the child in 2013 following the 5years route. She was give2years and 6months leave to remain.She has since ended her relationship with her baby father and she applied to renew her visa in February as a primary carer for her daughter only for the home office to request the passport of the baby father. She has tried to ask him for the passport to support her application but because they are no longer together he refused to give her.The home office has given her till June 9th 2016 to present the original passport or give a viable reason she wasnt able to submit it. I would like to ask what my friend should do since she has only 1week to reply to the home office. Please its urgent
Expert:  INC replied 6 months ago.

HI

I am of the opinion that your friend should write to the home office and inform them fully of the situation. She should explain that she has contacted the ex partner and has been unable to obtain the passport and that the relationship has deteriorated significantly.

She should also include as much evidence as possible proving that she is responsible for the day to care of the child.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They have asked for the day care evidence of the child and she has provided them. She has written to Child Tax Credit office in January to tell them that the relationship has ended with her Ex partner, Do you think a copy of this letter is enough plus the letter she would be writing to the home office would be enough to help her get the visa?
Expert:  INC replied 6 months ago.

I would also suggest including school reports and letters from family members confirming that she is responsible for the day to day care.

kind regards