How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 32824
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm Melvin Boxter I lost my passport with the visa stamp in

Customer Question

Hi I'm Melvin Boxter I lost my passport with the visa stamp in it now I've been made redundant and need the visa to produce on interviews
JA: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Just tried home office it was an indefinite leave to remain stamp
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok what info do u need
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No I'm legal and have indefinite leave to remain just that I lost or misplaced the passport
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 months ago.

Hi Melvin,

What nationality are you?

Have you reported the lost passport to the police?

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.

Did you have a copy of the page with the stamp on? In any event the stamp just records what the Home Office already holds within their records and as such if you contact the HO then they will be able to confirm your status in writing. You should also report your passport missing and apply for a new passport. Please remember to rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 5 months ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 4 months ago.

Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please do not forget to rate my answer service positively so that I get credit for my time today.

You may get the impression that the thread closes after rating but it does not, it remains open and we can still exchange emails if anything else needs clarification.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions