Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

What financial requirements do I need relationship visa, to

Customer Question

What financial requirements do I need for a relationship visa, to join my partner(in UK) of at least 2 years.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 months ago.

Is your partner employed in the uk at a salary of more than £18600?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No she works part time 21 hours a week and earns, takes home, about £10000/ year.
She is also 15 weeks pregnant. We would be staying and supported by her parents until I got employment.
I am hoping to get a trial with a professional basketball team in Glasgow, in August, otherwise I will coach individuals and local basketball teams and set up coaching and training sessions.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 months ago.

Do you have cash savings between you both? If so, please state how much. I need to see if the financial requirement is going to be a problem

Have you lived together for any length of time (in the same accommodation)? if so, please state how long.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We currently have £5500 in savings.
We have been together at university in Kentucky and have stayed for two 90 day periods with Sarah at her parents house.
Sarah has visited my family here in Kentucky.
We will have been together for two years in September this year and our child is due in November.
I am arranging a trial to join a professional basketball team in August, if I am successful I will be sponsored by team.
I need to keep all my options open.
How long would it take to get a visa via the basketball team?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The above is awaiting your response with regards ***** ***** amount of savings we have and the sports visa
Regards Kyle