Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Pearl, my name is***** plan I'm a British citizen and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my name is***** plan I'm a British citizen and intend on marrying my partner next month, she's from Nigeria. She was here in the UK from 3/2015 to 3/2016, where we initially met and spent the year together.
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't, in truth I'm rather clueless on the ins and outs
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Immigration Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not sure what info will be relevant, the only thing that comes to mind is in relation to financial sponsoring. I had a look at the gov website and I earn well over the threshold, but not sure how I prove that given I started contracting last August
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.
Were you earning over the threshold previously?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was, my salary from full -time employment was £65000
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would be minded to get a letter from your accountant explaining the position. You would also have the P60 documents which would be able to prove your previous employment and earnings.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks - so the P60 will how my earning history prior to becoming a contractor via my Limited Company, but how a now a contractor would I prove my income?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will *show
You would need something from your accountant or proof of contract etc
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you