Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My wife is on tier 1 general dependant visa and applying

Customer Question

My wife is on tier 1 general dependant visa and applying for ilr independently using set o form. I have already got ilr 2 weeks ago. Is there any maintenance fund requirement for her when she is applying alone. I haven't seen anything related to maintenance fund for ilr. I read somewhere it's 630 but the official guidelines doesn't mention anything related to funds. Could you please tell me if maintaining funds is a requirement for her.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.
Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.Yes she does need to have maintenance funds. If the Tier 1 has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, she must have £630 to support herself. This requirement can be met by either having savings of £1260 or £630 where the Tier 1 has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, which must have been held for at least a 90 consecutive day period prior to the date of application; or providing an endorsement letter from UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) confirming that it has awarded funding that is at least sufficient to cover the required maintenance funds for the main applicant, you and any other PBS Dependants. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you