Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

Please advise, its regarding my marriage with my

Customer Question

Dear Sir, Please advise, its regarding my marriage with my eu partner. I am currently on tier 4 visa and my visa is expiring on 22nd may, we have given our notice to the local registry office already. As you must be aware that home office now do the investigation during the notice period which takes from 28days to 70 days. Our period has extended to 70 days and the last decision will made by them is 16th may. I have 6 days to find my marriage date. Please advise shall i take the risk of this 6 days what if i dont find the marriage date in these 6 days but home office approved our marriage until 16th may. Would i be able to still get married if i get the marriage date after my visa expires that is 22nd may
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its already mentioned above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $45 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 6 months ago.
Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.The most sensible approach would be to provisionally book your wedding now, to tae place between 16 and 22 May. In the alternate you would need to also seek an extension to your visa - and for this reason it is often better to provisionally book within the window which you have to get married. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you