Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

My question is what is age limit of primary carer

Customer Question

My question is what is age limit for dependent of primary carer of EU chils is it 18 or 21 years
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Me and my wife have derivative residence documents from home office as one of my child is eu national and my elder son is 19 years can he apply as dependent of us ( primary carer )
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As i mentioned me and my wife and one chilD age 15 years got derivative residence documents on the base of CHILD who is EU national , My elder child is 19 years , is he also eligible to get derivative residence document as dependent of primary caree
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
I am afraid the age is 18 as you will read here. Sorry that what you wanted to know?Please dont forget to use the rating service.Regards
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Stuart J
when we moved to UK as whole family my elder son was 17 and 5 months . We applied for derivative residence which was initially refused even for me and my wife as primary carer on the base of comprehensive insurance and eventually my other two children were also refused because of refusal for us , the matter went to tribunal and appeal was allowed hence me and my wife were granted derivative rights as primary carer . Once we got permission then we reapplied for my daughter who is 15 and elder son who became above 18 years during this period . My daughter got derivative right as dependent of primary carer but my son was refused.
So point is when we moved here as family he was under 18 and initial application was refused which was allowed by tribunal , due to lengthy process in home office it took longer that he became above 18
How home office can separate the family ? as my elder son is still my dependent as he is in college
So can you please take extra notes which i mentioned to get solutionThanks and regards
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.
I don’t have an answer for you I am afraid. I will opt out for another expert.regards