Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have received summons to appear in court a TV without a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is ***** ***** I have received summons to appear in court for using a TV without a licence.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: And I'm worried that if convicted that might affect my ILR application in 2018 I have always kept my TV licence up to date but missed a couple of Direct ddebits due to financial issues I have since purchased a TV licence but the summons came through anyway because an Enforcement officer visited us in November 2015
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 10 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Firstly, it is important to tell the truth - as such it will be upto the case worker to use his/ her discretion to decide weather this is a general grounds for refusal or not. Such a conviction is not necessarily something which would prevent you from succeeding in your application. It is a minor offence. Happy to discuss but please rate positive. Thanks

I hope this helps but please can you rate positive for the answer. Thanks