Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

How to get a visa practicing nurse to work in UK?

Customer Question

How to get a visa for a practicing nurse to work in UK?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please remember to rate positive. All overseas qualified nurses must be registered to work in the UK. The regulatory body is called the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).

NMC Registration

• Nurses trained overseas, outside the EU, must register through the NMC's Overseas Nursing Programme (ONP).
  • They must meet the minimum NMC education requirement, English language requirement (academic IELTS of 6.5 or over on each section) and also undergo a 20 day programme of protected learning. Furthermore, where necessary, there may be a period of supervised practice.
  • Nurses who have qualifications from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand or Canada are generally considered very highly

Once the appropriate registration has been achieved, most nurses would apply for UK migration via either the work permit holder or Tier 1 - General skilled visa routes. I would suggest that the best way to start would be for you to contact the http://www.nmc.org.uk

I hope that this helps. Please rate positive. Thanks

Do you have any questions arising?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please communicate to my daughter in the Philippines about what we started. I am her father in the US. Her address is "*****@******.***". Thank you so much.

Please can you rate positive for the answer. Thanks

Did you have any additional questions?