UK Immigration Law
Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.
1. I know this might seem trite advice, but in this situation, you have to do the hardest thing of all and do nothing! Ultimately, a difference of £6k between your declared income from dividends and the taxable income amount is not going to be decisive in your visa application.
2. If the issue arises in the actual application at the public enquiry office, you can simply explain it then and state that there was a discrepancy because of additional out of pocket expenses. However, if you make a song and dance about it now, it calls into question the accuracy of all the rest of the documentation you have submitted.
3. Everyone makes mistakes and you can simply state that you made an error because the taxable amount was reduced by out of pocket expenses. This will be perfectly acceptable at the point of visa application.
4. Be aware, ultimately, that your visa application will not be dealt with upon the basis of what you earned from dividend income. So don't make a song and dance about it.
5. Please RATE the Answer as unless you RATE the Answer your Expert receives none of the monies you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.