Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am on a student visa (Tier 4) and I'd like to settle in

Customer Question

Hi there!
I am on a student visa (Tier 4) and I'd like to settle in the UK.
my partner in from Romania and she is registered as self employed and I I am planning to complete married partner application
I have several questions in regards ***** ***** :
1 - We currently are not living together but we have photos, texts, calls, for 2 years. will that help? as we still might not live together after marriage.
2- what's the longest period that my partner should not exceed outside the uk? sequence and nor sequence .
3 - after how long time I can stay in the UK on my own without depending on my partner? for example, no longer depending on my partner for my stay
4 - I already had bio metric finger prints for my student visa, do i have to do it again?
5 - How long will my application take?
6 - for how long will my residency be valid for ?
6 - what is the longest period of time I can be away from the UK?
Sorry to bother you with so many questions.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

When does your current visa expire please?

Kind regards

Tom

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nov - 2016
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

In answer to your numbered questions:

{C}1. {C}Yes, the items that you list are essential to proving that you are in a loving relatyionship and you should submit them with your application.

{C}2. {C}Your partner should intend to spend at least half the year (in each year) in the UK, so that you are show that they are normally resident in the UK.

{C}3. {C}If you marry your partner, then stay in the UK with them for 3 years then after 3 years if you were to divorce then you would be able to stay in the UK. This is because you would be able to apply to retain your treaty rights even though you are married, ebcause you only need to show that you have been married for 3 years and have spent at least one of those years in the UK.

{C}4. {C}Yes, you probably will.

{C}5. {C}They home office say that the application will be processsed normally “within 6 months” from the date that you apply.

{C}6. {C}Only you have your residence card you can leave/enter as many times as you like but, again, you should ensure that you spend at least half the year (in each year) in the UK, so that you are show that you are normally resident in the UK.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave feedback.

Kind regards,

Tom